Richmond Home

Major Declaration

New transfer students with at least one year of coursework at another college or university can declare a major as soon as they begin their studies at Richmond if they so wish. Major and minor declarations are processed officially only during the first two weeks of each semester, though they may be turned in at any time.

If you had a declared major at your previous institution, it has not automatically transferred with you; you will still need to declare a major at Richmond by completing the appropriate Declaration of a Major form through the Registrar’s Office.

Transfer Students Interested in Business or Leadership Studies

Transfer students interested in majoring in business or related fields should contact Ms. Laura Thompson, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Students in the Robins School of Business, prior to registering for courses.

Transfer students interested in majoring in Leadership Studies should contact Dr. Kerstin Soderlund, associate dean in the Jepson School of Leadership Studies, to learn more about the application process.